Friday, December 17, 2004

school day

Dec 17, 04
9 a.m. cold, sunny, fog clearing



Pulling out of the driveway, to take the kids to school - I liked the way the light was hitting and the tree and fallen leaves framed the garage of Lois' house. First exposure wasn't enough to catch what I saw - my mental light meter is still learning.

noonish
Gibson Ranch
sunny - cold - slight breeze



Out with Ramona - dead tree catches my eye right away - first shot overexposed, come in closer to try again - cloud filter pulls the sky down nicely. Takes the coated prints so long to dry in the cold.


Pair of young trees along the bridle path - I think of them as two sisters. Funny how often I think of trees as feminine, something nurturing about them. Later Ramona says this shot reminds her of the Wizard of Oz, we are certainly not in Kansas anymore... but maybe I found two sisters in the Land of Oz.


Dry Creek, running swift and deep. We see a big snowy egret fly down the creek, land on a beach, but he's too skittish to let us get close enough for a shot and he flies down the creek, then doubles back again.


The path before us, looking into the low winter sun, well above the creek bed.

A road not taken -

No comments: