Thursday, May 17, 2007

late morning

May 17, 07
late morning
North Natomas
along Truxel Road/Natomas Road @ Del Paso Blvd
warm, clear, light breeze
(more of my crazy woman on the side of the road series)



Even over the ebb & flow of the traffic noise, a song bird manages to sing out loud and clear, hidden away in the huge palms.



I've been admiring these palms ever since they were brought in to adorn the intersection in this new part of town. Yet another place that I can say that I remember when it was nothing here but fields.



Of course, many people can say that about North Natomas.



At any rate, I finally have made a trip just to shoot the palms for the Visions of Heaven project. (http://www.heavenartproject.blogspot.com/)



I can just see these huge fan palms in the New Jerusalem, fronds swaying in the gentle breeze.





Later - after school I get Deidre to hold the tulips that I got for Mother's Day up in the air in the backyard. I shoot slides that will become part of a series of Polaroid transfer florals...

No comments: