Friday, January 25, 2008

large format shooter

January 25, 08
afternoon at home
cold & rainy, windy outside
testing the Crown Graphic with Polaroid back - type 55 film (4"x5")

I am now a large format shooter - technically I was shooting medium format film before - and my shooting process has become more cumbersome but I am determined to keep my wandering habits.


Test #1 - out the studio window - zone focus, same old light meter in my head, seems to work fine.


Test #2 - front porch - old light meter has it's flaws, but zone focus looking good.


Test #3 - I'm not used to the film process & forgot to pull out the envelope, so I didn't actually expose the film - need a new mental checklist.


Test #4 - I've figured out a a decent exposure, zone focus is good for a wide open lens - I'm doing my best to stay light on equipment, not use ground glass but see if I can get the hang of the Crown's rangefinder - the focus link doesn't seem right but zone focus is fine, especially for my wide landscape shots - still the gear is bigger & heavier and now I need a new pack, too... Even so, I'll probably take the ground glass & a tripod with me at first, just in case -


new dragonfly stamp

No comments: