Sunday, June 07, 2009

art fiesta!


This weekend was one of my favorite art shows, the Sacramento Kiwanis 51st Annual Art Fiesta at Town & Country Village shopping center.



I love Art Fiesta for a couple of reasons - partly because it's about twenty minutes from home so I get to sleep in my own bed & I don't have to leave at 3 a.m. to go set up on a Saturday morning - partly because it's such a long established show & the patrons are wonderful - but mostly because the Kiwanis are such great show promoters & really know how to spoil artists with things like a shuttle for parking and helping us get spaces next to our friends...



And why do we like to have spaces next to each other? So we can help watch each other's booths while we run off on a quick break or to entertain each other when it's a little quiet, or take photos for self promos, like I did for my pal Kristen Hoard -



Our other friend Michelle MacKenzie got her laughing while I snapped off a couple shots -



Then Kristen helped Michelle giggle while I took a shot of her - and we all managed to sell art along the way, so that helps with the smiles too. We prefer not to be starving artists...

No comments: