Saturday, December 05, 2009

back in the studio

Getting back to work again - and back to a previous project - Tree Stories: Chapter Two will be showing in a real-world gallery in March 2010, which means I need to start working on pieces for that show. There will be a couple re-worked images from the first Tree Stories series and several new stories as well. I began studio work on the first of the new stories just last night, collaging, adding texture & even a little pencil work...



Some detail from the new piece, I like how the texture is picked up by the light coming in my studio windows. I'm still deciding if I should preview the new works on my blogs or just leave them for a surprise when I show in March. (I'd post them online then, too, as I know not everyone will be able to make it to Northern California for the show.)

No comments: