Tuesday, April 27, 2010

tulip tree flower

It's been very windy lately and when I took Sparky on a walk today I found this flower from a tulip tree that had been torn off and fallen onto the ground.



Usually the only way I see these flowers is from the ground looking up several feet and I had never had a chance to see one close up before.





My first thought is to press little finds of mine like this for use in artworks later, but this flower wasn't going to lend itself to such methods, especially with the leaves and branch it was attached to, so I figured I'd just photograph it flat & use it that way in a piece.





One thing led to another & I found myself just shooting and enjoying the images I was capturing.





Sometimes I forget that's part of why I fell in love with photography for in the first place.

No comments: