Friday, September 02, 2011

coming along

After getting through the first couple weeks of the semester, I was ready to get back to the big commission piece sitting in the studio... thankfully, my client is patient and understanding. ;) (click on an image to see it larger)


Tuesday I got all the collage & texture work finished, so it was ready to start the colored pencil work on Wednesday morning.


Though in it's final stages artwork gets the "be careful, don't touch" treatment, it becomes it's own table at this stage when it's this big, anyway. You can see how some of the photo details are getting color now and how I'm starting to pull the photos together into one fluid image.


Thursday was class & art showing, so today I got back to it, finished up the pencil work & got a shot before I started applying paint. Here you can see the pencil drawings that underlay the painting.


How it stands at the end of the day - coming along nicely, I think. It will get more layers of paint glazes, a little more collage and some caran d'ache before it's done...

No comments: