Sunday, August 31, 2003

August 31, 2003

August 31, 2003
Late afternoon
very warm

Took a drive over to James' and Janet's proerty - some day a retirement home will be here... wandered around and talked of plans, admired views.



This cluster of trees marks the property line at one point...

Back at Butch & Linda's I set off to wander again. Little cousin Edie wants to come along, so I sit down by the naked ladies to wait for her to put her shoes on.

Edie takes me for a walk and shows me the creek through the gate and just off the property. This is her grandparents' house and she knows her way around pretty well - as well as any 7 year old would. But I think Edie took me through poison oak... I was watching her instead of watching out for that.

We wander back onto the property. Edie finds her little brother's long-lost hat and her own long-lost doll. We camp out on the same big rock outcropping I stopped at yesterday. I let her shoot a few frames on the Izone, I shoot a couple with the Land Camera.




"Grandma & Grandpa's Woods" hold high adventure: Edie climbs a tree to fetch an old light switch plate made of clear blue plastic and adorned with silver glitter. Old treasures abound here, even hung on a nail stuck in a valley oak.

The light is fading - I'm guessing it's time to head back, probably dinner time or something -