Tuesday, September 16, 2003

blue sky

Sept 16, 2003
5:45 p.m.
Antelope Community Park
warm - 70's
blue sky with high thin clouds

It's been so long since I've been here. What happened to my resolve to come here often and chronicle the passing seasons? I've been busy I guess, but I have kept up with my journal nonetheless.



The dry grass is mostly mown here now - the fire danger would be too great otherwise, I'm sure. At least it's easier to stomp through! Plenty of mourning doves around - fluttering back and forth on the gorund. A scrub jay squawks a few trees away. Little unseen birds twitter in the background.


This is the tree I first called woodpecker oak - today Deidre sees a woodpecker peeking in and out of a hole in another tree. I seem to have captured a disturbing sense of imbalance with my photo.


A flock of magpies were pecking about in this field in front of the two silhouetted trees. Of course they flew away as I settled in for the photo.