Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Old Sac Waterfront

10.18.05
morning
Old Sac Waterfront - on Sacramento River
sunny, cool, breezy

Two fishermen sit quietly on the rocks on the shore - their bikes waiting on the grassy hill above -
A couple jays squawk somewhere unseen and the rustle of wind in the leaves almost masks the traffic sound from the freeway.


I Street Bridge over the Sacramento

Funny to think how much this city grew up around these two rivers here and how little the rivers mean to it now by comparison. A train comes across the bridge - the sleek commuter train both at odds with the old bridge and still at place on it - almost as if traveling through time.


Wandering around, sycamores on the street - and a viewfinder that's off -


Breeze continues to blow strong - but not too cool in the warm sun - still very mild for the date. I've been searching and searching for the view of the Tower Bridge that I know that I've seen but can't seem to find...

suddenly it hits me - I was on a boat - and I have a little ache for the days we had one again.

No comments: