Wednesday, May 24, 2006

east of the sutter buttes

May 24
morning near the Sutter Buttes - Pennington Road
a little lost but okay



breezy cloudy w/sun breaking through - comfortable & a little humid

Found the place: Gray Lodge Wildlife Area
but not the people I was meeting - well, I won't waste the trip nor too much time looking for people when I came to shoot - maybe I'll find them as I wander -



Wandering leads me down a path to what I think is a fruiting Mulberry tree, which already has a poem written for it -



Wandering takes me back down the path - with a big jack rabbit trotting down the path headed straight for me. I slow & try not to scare him but he's having none of it & vanishes into the bullrushes.

I find a couple fellow photographers - we set off on the official trail together...


Wildlife Stop #1 in our self-guided tour


#2


#9


#14
Along the canal - wood duck hiding


On the driving loop (my parked car blocking the one lane, but no one else is around)


Sutter Buttes in the background

On the way out:

Almond Orchard Road


headed back - oaks w/ Sutter Buttes

No comments: