Wednesday, May 03, 2006

east sac garden

May 3, 06
10 a.m.
Gann garden, East Sac
clear, sunny, warm but a cool breeze



Coming back to earlier light in this garden - and a few more flowers. Joan says there's more to come before the tour in another week and a half.



The canopy overhead catches my eye. This garden is protected by tall hedges and trees on three sides - the walls of the outside room. I sit and wait a little while for the sun to move and change the light - sometimes I can actually see the pollen floating in the air and soon my nostrils confirm it with a small sneezing fit. Flying creatures visit: a humming bird, a swallowtail, a huge black crow.



11ish
Beverly Lamb's garden
weather is staying nice

Alistair the Westie is good company and warns off any would-be intruding squirrels.



I sit and look at the garden, trying to really let it soak in. Seeing takes time - I think others have said it before but it's quite true.



Alistair leaves then comes back, plays in water and mud a bit and then comes to see what I'm up to. I sit and watch the light move across the garden some more.

No comments: