Tuesday, April 24, 2007

kaseberg creek

4.24.07
Late afternoon
near Kaseberg Creek & Pleasant Grove Blvd
warm, clear, sunny, no wind



I've been seeing this old fallen tree as I drive through West Roseville to friends' and on errands - so finally today I come out on no errand but photography -



The prints come out hot but I know the negs will be good and strong. Plenty of birds are attracted to the vernal pool here, even in the midst of growing suburbia - red wing black birds, and egret & unknown songbirds - the pool and its surrounds form a sort of nature-oasis for the soul.





After a while in the knee-deep blooming grasses and vetch, my nose begins to itch, even on antihistamines. But thank goodness, without modern medicine I'd be too sick to enjoy this at all.



Dirt paths wind their way along the creek and among the oak woods near the creek - the sunlight hits some spots just so.



dancing tree...

No comments: