Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 07

June 22, 07
16th & Broadway, Sacramento
about 10 a.m. - clear, no wind
getting warm already, likely to get pretty hot today
shooting the Tower Theater
sounds of traffic


Wandering around across the street, the brand-new R5 Records store opening behind me. Traffic ebbs and flows like the tide.


In the garden area just in front of the theater and cafe, tiny palms pop up everywhere, volunteers or weeds, depending on your perspective.


A little motion soft - trying to move, not get hit by traffic while shooting. Tower is too centered f0r my taste, too - but I like the foreground context.


Sitting to put it all together in front of the fountain


Second attempt is now focused, tower still centered because I was unwilling to lose the mimosa tree on the right - oh well, all rules get broken sometimes. And I have now graduated from "crazy woman on the side of the road" to "crazy woman in the middle of the road" though I must say I was staying in a little triangle that traffic never flows in (as a consolation to my family members .)


Apparently, though, I still need practice with my road shooting - another shot out of focus.

No comments: