Wednesday, March 19, 2008

river walk

Went for a walk with Peggy today, checking out our trek with students in a couple weeks.

Saw this sign on a fence along the river but we couldn't manage to read it from the top of the levee, and getting all the way down to it didn't look very easy (especially in the shoes I was wearing.)



So I had the bright idea of using the zoom on my camera to see what it said, and voila! "Temporary Beaver Barrier Fence" is now legible, even the small print -



Just up river, the view is a little nicer, and we even find a pretty good spot for students to spend some time to journal.


I'm not taking the time today to journal myself, but I'm looking forward to some time here -



On the way back, I notice some oak galls, so I take a shot to remind myself to look up all the details about the oak gall wasp...

No comments: