Friday, October 17, 2008

trusting

So finally getting to the last canvas collage piece, which I've titled Trust.


The title comes from a couple verses in the Bible, which are incorporated into the piece itself. It says, "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on (the right road.)" That's Proverbs 3: 5-6 in the Message & a little of my own flavor - other translations say God will direct your path, or keep you on a straight road, so I've altered what I incorporated in my artwork to reflect those other translations & explain why this image spoke to me about trust -

It's been a long time issue for me - or not, actually - I always used to trust & have faith completely that everything was going the way it was supposed to. Easy to do when things are going well and everything is smooth. Not so easy when it feels like life has been turned upside down, but that's what I'm deciding to do -

No comments: