Wednesday, August 05, 2009

art cards

Instead of watching paint dry, I'm posting something I meant to post a couple weeks ago.

I've been taken by the idea of artists' cards, trading or otherwise, maybe because I was always one of those kids that liked tiny things, or maybe just because. So a couple weeks ago I planned an art card session with one of my students and my 15 year old daughter, Deidre, wanted to tag along for that particular session. Knowing that particular student wouldn't mind (would probably enjoy the company for a day) I agreed.

Here's what Dee & I accomplished, she did her two that day, my cards were produced over more time, mostly because I was having trouble staying focused...


Deidre's cards both are two-sided, this is the front of her first one.
The back side of an artist's card generally has information about the artist.

The front of Deidre's second card.
The back, where she might one day put at least her name. ;)


And all of my cards, which have my signature and are dated on the back.




Some purists call these artists' trading cards, which should only ever be traded, others call them artists editions and originals, or something like that, and have no trouble selling them at all. You could put me in the second category, likely selling in the $10-$15 range & easily shipped. Email me if you're interested...

No comments: