Saturday, October 10, 2009

more yosemite

10.10.09
Another clear sunny day in Yosemite Park -
morning



Bridalveil Falls at a trickle but still lovely-



A classic view of the Yosemite Valley - a flood of people at the vista point but the view is worth it. Amazing how the roads & river are hidden from view by the woods.

Phil, Dee & Sparky in a tourist shot.

Relief map utterly fascinates me: tracing our hike yesterday and our planned drive up to Glacier Point later.

Triptych of the Tunnel View:




A little later in the Mariposa Grove of giant sequoias -

Roots of the Fallen Monarch-


Bachelor & Three Graces - I'm charmed by the names given to some of these trees.


The Grizzly Giant, estimated to be 1,800 years old - amazing how long some of these trees have been here - greatly humbled by their longevity & what changes have taken place while they slowly grew & persevered...



Carvings inside the California Tunnel Tree seem new by comparison, but still fascinate -

Under much direction Dee takes a shot of me with the California Tunnel Tree - I'm thinking it's not easy to be the child photographer of a photographer -

Little low wet spot with reeds growing & sunlight filtering down on young saplings.



Afternoon
Glacier Point
cooler at this higher elevation
still clear, just a slight breeze, more wind would be uncomfortable.

We came through patches of snow on the drive up - winter is coming and then they'll close the road. Until then people still flock from around the globe for this view. Little creatures scurry for food droppings not far from our feet -






Great shot Dee got of me while I hung out at the edge to catch the Valley Triptych - I just used my last pieces of Polaroid Type 55 that I have with me - more at home? I think so but I can't quite remember, I packed in a hurry - well, what better place to use the last of precious film?



Another directed shot: me with my faithful companion, Sparky before we head back to the motel for the evening.

No comments: