Thursday, February 11, 2010

ArtisTree 2010 is tomorrow!

If you've looked at my artwork much at all, you've probably figured out that I have a thing for trees - and I spent a serious amount of time for a while learning to identify 150-200 species of trees to then be able to map trees in the city of Davis for an organization there called Tree Davis. Tree Davis is one of those very cool groups of people that work to plant trees, teach people how to take care of their trees and generally support the urban forest.

ArtisTree, Artists Celebrating Trees is the annual major fundraiser for Tree Davis and wouldn't you know, I'm involved. The big event is tomorrow, and I'll be helping set up all the artwork for the event and of course, I'm donating to the cause myself. Five of my pieces will be up for silent auction and if you're in the area, I hope you can come celebrate trees with us. (See their website for details.)

Here are my artworks you can bid on tomorrow night:


"City of Trees #22"


"City of Trees #5"


"Breath" (Photo taken at the Davis Cememtery.)


"Tree Lovers"


"Renewal" (Photo taken at the Davis Cemetery.)

No comments: