Tuesday, February 23, 2010

sketching archives

Did a couple new sketches the other day & discovered some in my sketch book that I had never scanned or posted yet, either, so I'm posting them now. The plan is that they will all make their way into final artworks at some point in time...

This first one is actually in a piece already, part of a coastal series I'm planning in the near future (after Tree Stories is up & showing.)


Then there are some I've started to accompany a Yosemite series... I've got a fair amount of Yosemite images, too, so I guess that comes after the coastal series! (I'm not so sure about my mammals, but I'm working on them, and I won't get better if I don't practice.)




Then the couple I did just the other day, a sparrow because sparrows are special to me...



And a little junco because they're a lot like sparrows & they're another Yosemite species.

No comments: