Tuesday, July 05, 2011

shape of things to come


I have several things I need to be working on, but one that I've been dying to do, so that's getting done first, to get it at least a little out of my system & out of my mental way - at least I hope that's how it will work.

This started with an unfinished house-shaped CD shelf I found I found at Micheal's, which I've modified to accommodate a small branch I've collected. (There's a pile of them in my studio, I still haven't figured out quite how to store...)

It will get a couple photographs collaged on, with maps & sketches & whatever seems to make sense. This is going to be part of my "Where Your Heart Is" show in November at the Kennedy - it might be hard to keep it away til it's time, but I've got to start getting these pieces done.

No comments: