Saturday, November 19, 2011

napa valley

Nov 19, 2011
Napa Valley
Hwy 128 & Lodi Lane
afternoon
cool, cloudy


Out for a drive with Scott to catch fall colors but the light is flat and less than inspirational - haven't seen many things that I've wanted to shoot in Napa the past few times we've been through here, like I'm having artist's block with the place. Weird, but I'm just pushing through it today - enjoying the time with Scott regardless.






Hwy 128 & Sage Canyon Rd, farther south:



More shots for the "crazy woman on the side of the road" series - waist deep in weeds, feeling the rush of air blasting me with every passing vehicle - but the barn and vineyard really caught my eye and once there, it would have been silly not to go ahead and take the second shot - came back to the car for post-production, though - feeling chilly.



The sun peeked out for a few short minutes as we head back around Lake Berryessa -


I keep the camera ready in my lap, but the light continues to fade and I finally resign myself...

No comments: