Friday, November 18, 2011

WHOLE

As I've been exploring assemblage art and the concept of home, I've tried to share my own feelings of what home is and to take advantage of the three dimensional quality of sculpture. It's like whole new game that I get to play, creating a piece of artwork that shares something from every angle that it's viewed.


I call this piece "WHOLE" because a true home is where one feels whole and complete, and then also because a whole home is more than just a house that is built, but especially for me, it includes the landscape around it and the relationships within it.


I haven't used images of people to describe relationships but different animals, which also refer to our inter-species relationships...





Materials used for this piece include three cigar boxes, acrylic transfers from digital & film photographs, prints from my original sketches, twigs, rocks collected by my great-grandfather & a dollhouse chair. (And I am never quite content until I have colored & painted an artwork.)

No comments: