Monday, December 05, 2011

new commission launch

Finally! My friend and patron has been so patient, waiting for these pieces while I was busy with so many other things. It's good to be busy, but it can create a backup of work and I'm actually nearly caught up!

Both of these pieces are based on previous works I've done, but they weren't originally paired, or even the same size. This time they'll be displayed together as a matching pair and of course, will not be exactly like the first ones. (What fun would that be, anyway?)


If you look at the top of the image, you can see the printed copy of the original, which I reference for basic composition and color until I've got the pieces well under way. Then I'll likely put the original images away, so I won't be too distracted by them.


I'll be posting regular progress photos - today I got the panels gessoed, the collage work and texturing done - tomorrow I'll start the coloring process with colored pencils...

No comments: