Thursday, September 06, 2012

From one neighborhood to the next

Within the past couple of days I finished up a set of artworks. I usually fill the worktable and work in batches which helps me keep consistency in a particular body of work and gives me something to do when layers are drying...


I just finished several house shaped shadow boxes that look a lot like a neighborhood when seen together and today I photographed five houses all in a row on a street in east Sacramento. This is one of those relatively rare times when I'm shooting and then pretty rapidly putting the photos into a piece.


Sometimes it's because I'm working on a commission but it will happen even faster if I'm particularly inspired and want to strike while the iron's hot, so to speak. This was a hot iron, spurred by an upcoming exhibit deadline. The plan is to pull this next piece together in a week or so; we'll see if I can live up to my own expectations...

No comments: