Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Photographic memory

Sometimes in my creative process, I will lay several elements on a piece in a certain composition that I like but then I will need to take that composition apart to work on intermediate steps. Getting the piece to the stage where I am then ready to affix all the layers can take a significant amount of time and my issue is then how to remember my initial composition.


While I have found that I can often recompose what I have forgotten to my satisfaction, I have also realized that I have a great tool at my fingertips to help me remember my original choices. So sometimes when I can foresee that I might have trouble remembering, I will take a quick photo that I can refer back to later in the process.


I have found myself in that place today, with the brass leaves that will have to be affixed in the very final stages of this piece, so I'm sharing a couple photos of details in the large 2x4' piece I recently started. It's also got five photo transfers of a row of older houses in East Sac that drew my attention. Maybe I'll give you little peeks of other sections as it progresses, too.

No comments: