Friday, January 25, 2013

Collaboration

Still on a brief creative side trip, this project is a collaboration with a friend, Terry Flowers. Terry has been working on altered playing cards on his own and in collaboration with many other collage artists, and suggested we do a set. He gave me these cards started with the sheet music, birds and stamps - acknowledging me and my favored imagery - and I did the rest - We'll be splitting these cards up into our personal collections, five each (he gets the extra "Wedding Card, more about that below.) It'll be hard to choose...













With this last one, Terry just asked me to do whatever altering to this "Wedding Card" - apparently he's conducting a social experiment - and I obliged.



Altogether, this was a good excercise for me; I started out fully planning on working more like I usually do, coloring and painting, but then I decided to work more in a way that I don't normally, just to stretch a little. Good for all the creative muscles.

No comments: