Friday, January 04, 2013

Hometown, CA

Even if I haven't been posting, I have been making progress on the big commission piece on the worktable, so here's a quick overview of progress:

(Pre-Christmas) All the pieces assembled and laid out, ready for client approval.

(Post-Christmas) Got everything stuck to the panel, including texture.

Detail shot of first layer of pencil work, beginning to add color and hand drawn parts of the piece.

My colored pencils in their case and on the piece as I work. You can see the reference piece I'm using to keep me on track with the palette for this piece.

All the colored pencil work done, it seems pretty subtle at this point but it's important for the detail work to hold up in the finished work.

First couple layers of paint on now, this is how it looks right now, ready for me to continue to add more layers of color...

No comments: