Monday, October 15, 2007

midmorning

10.15.07
midmorning
Dry Creek in Gibson Ranch
cool, breezy, "chance of rain" light clounds (wind from the north)
sounds of the creek gurgling over a fallen log
a fishing bird of some kind flies up & down the creek



Seems like things aren't going to be easy today. The first exposure I made of this tree, I found my film rollers frozen together with guck & had to clean them - lost that piece of film altogether. The second exposure I could have sworn I focused but apparently not.



Exposure number three was not aligned properly - half onto one sheet of film half onto the next,



giving a double exposure effect for number four.



Today, five times is a charm, then I rest the coated positive under the edge of another & end up with this final -

Not eager to stay in that spot longer, I wander down creek, plenty of people wandering here today, too, most enjoying each other's peace.




Finally I find another spot to take time in - this time it's just routine issues of shooting into the sun that I have to contend with and it only takes two exposures.



I'm sitting on a sand bar, mostly dry now but apparently wet not long ago when it rained this past week. The creek in general appears to have run a bit higher then.

As I've walked, I've found that under nearly every oak tree is a mess of fallen acorns. Apparently the squirrels and birds can't work fast enough to collect them all, though I've seen a couple working at it. As I sit, I regularly hear the sound of falling acorns, cracking as they hit wood, crashing through dry bush, splashing into the creek.




No comments: