Saturday, October 20, 2007

something new

In between house cleaning & laundry today, I managed to get a little production time in. I've been working on these Polaroid transfer art plaques. I start with small DaVinci boards, which I paint black, then collage a print from a Polaroid transfer onto the black board. It's a small decorative thing that I can sell for very affordable prices ($29 for a 6x8" and $39 for a 8x10".) Being on a budget myself, I want to be able to offer small affordable works of art.

My original Polaroid transfers had been filling that niche, but were actually undervalued; now I can sell them for more - probably still somewhat undervalued - but I like the idea of something for everyone's budget.



Anyway, these art plaques are fun & I pair up each image with an inspirational word that fits the piece, like the two in the front here are "love" and "joy."

No comments: