Wednesday, October 03, 2007

still wandering

Expanding the scope of this blog to include studio shots, comments on what I'm working on, whatever - still wandering, of course.



Here's what it looked like at my drawing table earlier - right after I finished painting this piece of City Hall - part of my Sacramento Landmarks series that I've been working on. You can see the watercolor 'films' that I used all stacked on top of my painting box.



Same piece a few hours later, added a significant amount of colored pencils after the watercolors dried. I might add some oil pastel later, I'll have to study it for a while then decide. Next I'll have two more pieces to finish, then mat & frame six works altogether by about this same time next week so I can get it all up on the walls of Smith Gallery for Second Saturday.

Art under deadline!

No comments: