Wednesday, June 18, 2008

my babies in their new home

Sometimes when I sell my artwork it goes into homes I know well, other times it goes into homes I've never seen. And occasionally I get to take artworks to their new homes and install them personally. This is something that I enjoy quite a bit - I actually find art installation to be quite satisfying, as the final step in the creative process.


Today I installed three large originals into a lovely, loving home, where they fit just right. From left to right, the works are titled "American River Reflection," "Property Line" and "America River Reeds." They were chosen for their subject matter, the personal touch of the journaling on "Property Line" and their compatibility as a grouping. It was fun for both the collector and for me to bring it together as a group and then install them all.


While not all of us have the same style or tastes, this is actually a home decorated much as I might decorate my own. The owner describes her style as casual, and I guess that fits me, too. Not too rigid, comfortable, open & airy - and perfect for these three pieces of art.

No comments: