Tuesday, June 24, 2008

smoky daze

June 24, 08
morning
cool, smoky skies


A yellow light weakly breaks through the smoke in the valley, the product of hundreds of fires in California right now - I heard numbers between 300 and 700 yesterday, the paper only said hundreds this morning. Yesterday morning it smelled smoky to me but not so this morning - am I just used to the smell now? The sky looks dirtier today and it's cooler - so I can't imagine the air should actually smell better now.


I'm debating about whether or not to go on a planned "tree hike" on Friday; the forecast is that the smoke will pretty much stay in the valley here all week and I'm not sure how healthy hiking in it will be or what sort of images I'll get - fog can be pretty cool but I'm thinking smoke may not be -

No comments: