Thursday, January 15, 2009

studio hopping

This is my newest piece in progress, just got the basic collage elements down. I'm getting ready to go over to my friend Michelle MacKenzie's home studio for some creative fun. I've been wanting to see how she applies texture to her acrylic paintings with modeling paste. I've played some on my own, but I was curious to see how she handles the stuff & it's always fun to go to a friend's house to play.

I really like watching Michelle at work & getting a peek at another artist's creative process. Here she is hard at work, manipulating the modeling paste on a canvas.

Carving out a line...


Part of an artist's job is carefully considering the next step, here's Michelle in deep thought in her studio.

Creating shapes with the side of her palette knife.

My piece after playing with the modeling paste, applying it with a palette knife & creating texture with a sea sponge, to give it a more organic quality - thanks Michelle!

You can see the texture better in a closer photo.

No comments: