Tuesday, April 07, 2009

dry creek

April 7, 2009
Dry Creek, Gibson Ranch
morning
sunny, windy, light clouds, pollen high




(Playing with my little digital Nikon)




Out with Sparky, my latest canine companion: small, sturdy & cute enough to make up for any shortcomings (right now: looking for something smelly to roll in...)







Birds are singing, talking to each other, a jay chides among the songs - then a coast guard four engine prop plane roars overhead on final approach to remind me exactly where I am -



The oaks all have bright green spring leaves bursting out. The grasses all tall green and lush as well. Tiny flowers peek up - big black butterflies flit about in pairs.



Water flows past at a moderate pace, about as deep now as other years it's been in summer - this summer the creek is likely to earn it's Dry name.

Little flowers drop down from the oaks onto the beach I'm sitting on.


Sparky gets restless and wants to move on

No comments: