Friday, April 03, 2009

newsstand news

So - now that my 50 artworks are done & I've shipped off 48 hand-embellished pigment prints for the new Ritz Carlton being built at Northstar, Tahoe, I think I can get back to things like blogging...

So now the deadline I'm working on is to paint a Sacramento News & Review newsstand, I've got until next Wednesday. Not that I haven't had access to the box before now, but I just had paying gigs to get done, so now I'm getting to the community service.


Actually a pretty cool thing, this is - I get to play and participate in another public art project. This is the first stage completed, where I've collaged all the elements onto the box.


And here's the Sparky-girl, the newest addition to our family & my studio. She's a two-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier who just loves everybody who comes in to the studio, humans and canines alike.


I'm continuing my "City of Trees" theme here - with images of Sacramento landmarks combined with leaf image transfers & bird sketches.


Sometimes Sparky feels the need to get involved in my creative process...


How can I tell her "no"?



So by the end of the studio day, I've gotten the first couple layers of glazes on, blocking out some painted elements and colors over the image transfers.


The front & top of the box - my web address on top, and the required "SN&R" to identify the box's eventual contents.


So far, so good - and it's nice to break out a bit larger than little wood panels...

No comments: