Monday, August 25, 2008

back at kings beach

I went back to Kings Beach for another art festival this past weekend - this time Michelle and I got to be right next to each other and do our double-booth thing - it's so much fun to do a show this way, we get to just hang out together & help each other out, too.


Michelle's end of the booth faced the street, so drivers-by could see her big colorful works.


This is the booth from my end, showing off a big Spring Oak framed print.


The front of both of our booths on Saturday -


Then on Sunday, after the usual re-arranging. Seems we always want to do things a little different for the second day, after looking at it for a full day, it generally seems like there's some tweaking needed to make it better.


Close up of my side of the booth after that second day.


Seems I can't help but notice trees and try to identify them now - this pretty tree was in several spots. A few young trees were growing naturalized at the state park where the festival was, and there were larger ones planted at the grocery store parking lot. So I had to take a few shots and look them up to identify them...


Commonly called European Mountainash, the scientific name for this tree is sorbus aucuparia. It's also called a Rowan, and doesn't like the heat, so it's no wonder I've never seen it in the valley.

No comments: