Saturday, August 30, 2008

strength


I think I finished this piece today - sometimes it's not really apparent and it needs some study and waiting to see -

From the time I took this image it just said "strength" to me. Not strength in the big muscular way, but in the standing the test of time, persevering way. This tree is just strong and solid, a port in the storms of time, just slowly but steadily growing larger and stronger every day.

It's an inspiration to me - I want my faith to be this kind of strong and steady thing - I already know that God is rock-steady, even more than the tree, but it's hard for me to stand firm in my belief sometimes.

I took this image after a big series of storms had gone through the area and I was eager to see if the trees had survived intact - life has certainly dealt us enough storms of our own, so I felt a little like the tree at the time - battered but still standing -

No comments: