Friday, February 22, 2008

foothills drive

Fri, Feb 22
midday
French Camp Road - between Latrobe & Shingle Springs
Rainy, cool, out with Wendell
I've got my new bag, so everything fits -


What Wendell calls "roadkill" - a shot from inside the truck - while driving, no less. I want to take a "real photo" so we stop & I get out. Wendell's impressed by the beast of a camera I'm using now, handholding a 4x5, zone focus, no light meter -


So I use up a piece of film by under-exposing,


then shoot it again and get the shot of the day - no more shooting necessary. Only get moderately wet in the drizzle.


But another shot presents itself - a way down the road - it starts to rain a bit more than a drizzle & I take shelter back in the truck, dry off the beast while Wendell shoots more.


I continue with roadkill shots, inside the dry refuge of the truck -



The ultimate roadkill shot, wet windshield and wipers fully evident. It's just raining a bit much for my taste now - but we plan on being back here for more real photos in about a month - should have fresh green leaves on the oaks and we'll try to catch a drier day -

No comments: