Sunday, March 13, 2011

outside of the box


I've been wanting to work more three-dimensionally lately and when I saw the call for Placer Arts 4th Annual Outside of the Box show, I was completely ready to jump in. So I got a box, which is 15"x15"x3" and almost immediately knew what I wanted to do! The deadline is only about three weeks away, so I finally got started with the physical aspect of working yesterday, which is what you can see here.

With my paltry woodworking skills, I managed to drill a properly sized hole to put my little tree branch into - I am so proud of myself! Next step is to gesso & work more on the final composition. I'll post photos of progress, have no fear...

4 comments:

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

you're a great deal further along than me! have been soooooo uninspired with this one. Have the box in the living room now to try and trigger a firing of the creative engines...

Judith said...

Just start playing, Patti, something will hit you! ;)

Dana B. said...

Good for you on the woodworking skills, can't wait to see the final piece. Got my box sawed into pieces, ready to put it back together. Really excited about this one. Sure hope the end result matches the vision in my head.

Judith said...

Thanks Dana - that sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what you've got cooking either. And I'm going to try to hone my woodworking skills over the next few months...