Thursday, March 24, 2011

studio work


Slowly but surely, I'm making progress on my Outside of the Box piece; this is what it was looking like yesterday morning. I'm building up the layers of color and working on the final compositional elements...


Sunday I attended a little workshop at church on typography & have been wanting to incorporate more sophisticated text into my pieces. So I worked on this text & have now used it in the piece. This is the theme & title of this pieces, and speaks to the concept of home, both our home here and now and beyond.


Playing more with the concept of home, I'm toying with the idea of adding a birdhouse to this piece. I found a small one at a craft store, which I thought would be cool if I hung it outside & let it weather before I used in some piece at a later date. It apparently wasn't meant to be outside as the first rainstorm completely loosened all the glue & it fell to pieces on the ground... it's a little too big for this piece, so I traced all the pieces & now it's my pattern for a smaller house I'm going to build & see if it works. (A total experiment, you may never hear of this again.)

No comments: