Monday, May 19, 2008

another weekend art fair


I spent my weekend at another weekend art fair, this one in Mountain View, and conveniently documented in this photo.


I'm trying to remember to document my own booth for each of these fairs I do this year, if for no other reason than to remember all the different ways I've laid it out. This time I was fortunate to get a corner spot, so I wanted to make sure to take advantage and leave two open walls on my canopy.


I was also fortunate to be neighbors with my good friend Michelle MacKenzie again - who got the corner spot across the walkway from me.


The neighbor to my side became a brand-new friend, Paul Micheal Meredith, a folk harper and harmonica player. We got to listen to his calm soothing music and then to his cool blues music all weekend long. I'm a blues fan myself, so it was pretty cool.


My booth faced probably one of the coolest bookstores ever, Book Buyers. Not only is this a great place on the inside, but it looks good on the outside, too.


It was pretty hot this weekend, so there always seemed to be clumps of people in the shade of the young sycamores that line the street. In another twenty years or so, this will be one of the shadiest art fairs around.

No comments: