Saturday, May 24, 2008

new drawers

Sometimes it's the little things that make me proud of myself. This week I went over to my local Ikea (which I've loved ever since I first saw one in Germany) and bought myself a small utility drawer unit for the studio. Gotta have somewhere to put those little things, you know. So I took the box of unassembled pieces with me to the studio today & put it all together - I even had to bend metal for the drawers themselves! (It was made to bend easily, I admit.) It just gave me a real sense of accomplishment to have them all done & start putting things into them!

(You can see my cute little set of drawers right next to my worktable here.)


Oh yeah, and I started painting on a pretty cool piece, too... I'm pretty excited about how this is going to turn out as well. ;)

No comments: