Tuesday, April 22, 2008

collage work

I've been working on some more collage pieces on canvas these past few days, in between other stuff. Seems like I've always got multiple projects going, but I guess it just keeps me from getting bored.


This was Sunday afternoon on my drawing table: I'd had this blank canvas on my wall for awhile, with a little pressed plant taped to it, waiting for me to do more. A couple weeks ago I printed some black and whites that I thought I might use, then finally dove into it on Sunday. This is a personal exploration project, so sometimes it gets pushed back by other projects with deadlines. You can see I've started not just coloring the photo but extending the image onto the canvas. (The white tape is holding the photo down while the gel medium dries - I couldn't wait to start coloring!)


Yesterday on my worktable: personal exploration alongside a little production work. I put together nine new "Flower Garden" collages in anticipation of the different art fairs I'll be doing soon. The new untitled piece got more color & extended imagery, which shifted colors when I used the matt medium on it & collaged on the pressed plant. Not quite what I was envisioning, but next step will be acrylics, so I'm sure I can get the pallette back to where I want it, it will just take time and work.


Today back over to the drawing table: I put the final varnish on the "Flower Garden" group and the untitled personal exploration artwork goes back on the wall. I started to apply some acrylic to it, but it will take more time and concentration than I can give right now. These things take time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really?

Judith said...

My apologies, I assume you were referring to the lack of photos - a result of a hosting change & a huge backlog to repost all photos.

I added the photos back in, as I am slowly getting to them all... Hope you like it now.