Saturday, April 19, 2008

second saturday reception

Yes, this was last week and it is the digital age, so I should have posted this at least six days ago but I can be old school slow sometimes.

I took some shots at the "For the Love of Trees" opening reception at the Artisan Gallery last week. Unfortunately, looking at these photos now, I realize I missed shots of some great art by people I love dearly, so please forgive me...


Great sculptural works in metal by Angela Ridgway.


One of my "Open Oak Woods" handpainted photos and metal sculpture by Wayne Kern.


A great centerpiece for the show: metal sculpture by Robin Wellwood.


Joseph Finkleman's hand colored black & white photographs. I've known Joe for over twenty years now; we've worked together on occasion (I was his assistant once upon a time) and have influenced each other's work just a bit.


My favorite fire tree sculpture by my close friend, Kristen Hoard; the two of us coordinated this show - she says it's all my "fault" so I guess I'll take the credit!


I took a little walk down the street - it is called an art walk - and couldn't help but catch this plein air painter at work.


Joe with "Portrait of a Tree on Her Day Off" which was also at one point known as "Tree All Dressed Up for Saturday Night," so there they are together on a Saturday night.


Another one of my closest friends, Michelle MacKenzie, painted these great acrylic works. And if you look real close, you can see work by Jared Konopitski back through the doorway - sorry I didn't do better by you, Jared!


On the left a photograph by my soon to be studio mate, Wendell Minshew, and on the right a metal tree sculpture by Wayne Kern.


Another Minshew and Kern pairing; I really like how the tree sculptures echo the two dimensional pieces. And as a photographer, I love the shadows on the wall, too.


In another photo/sculpture pairing, my photo based work on the left and a fire tree on the right by Kristen Hoard.


Here are the Oakleaf sisters - no lie! - Susan and Sarah, (not sure who is who.) They have other siblings, too, who weren't at the reception, but I was tickled to meet them and they were tickled by my oak themed work.


Full view of my "Quercus Woodland" panels flanking "Spring Oak #6".

No comments: