Wednesday, April 02, 2008

vineyard fruits

One of the things I've been working on lately is a small series of vineyard images. I printed these from black & white negatives in the darkroom last week and finished hand coloring them yesterday.

These are from a day I spent in a private vineyard in the foothills with some of my plein air painting friends last fall... Sometimes it can take a while for me to get through the whole artistic process. ;)


(click on image for enlargment)

This one is called "Starling Arbor," it's about 6x7" on an 8x10" sheet of photo paper, and the first of only twenty prints made this size. It's painted with watercolors & colored pencil and retails for $195 matted to 11x14", or $250 matted and framed.


(click on image for enlargment)

This one is simply "Vineyard," also about 6x7" on an 8x10" sheet of photo paper, and the first of only twenty prints made this size. This one has watercolors, pencils and a touch of oil pastels to get just the right feeling in the sky. I aim to be consistent, so it retails for $195 matted to 11x14", or $250 matted and framed. Just contact me if you're interested in these or any other pieces you see on my blog or website.

No comments: